Sunday, April 1, 2012

¡April Fool's!

There are four pages missing in this post. In the middle of a couple of signatures, I sew in a sheet of black Fabriano Artistico, because I love doing colored crayons (the NeoColor II's although Roz is making me want to try the Stabilo Woodies) on black, or, really any darkish colored paper. But I never do these in sequence, because my journal is a pretty fast thing, and that kind of illo takes me awhile. So we left off listening to Rafe Stefanini channel Roscoe Holcomb...


I got this paper to use in my bookbinding class at AMOA. Usually I post the page with the foldover as a detail, but I love the colors on this spread, so I posted it this way! There's enough paper on a sheet of this to bind a smallish book - say 6 1/2" x 9 1/2" - using one side for the cover and the other for the endsheets. I did do a little book in the class with this (but not doing the endsheets with it), and I'll post a pic of that at the end of this...
















page 34





















I'm not showing 34 & 39 next to each other because that's not how they appear in the journal... One of the most fabulous things about living in ATX is the music. Bands play for free that are just wonderful. Sometimes the guys are sidemen for more famous guys, sometimes they were sidemen for famous guys, whatever... But they can all play the holy shit out of stuff. Caspar Rawls is one of those guys, Ernie Poole Ball, who played with Johnny Cash, is another.

My back has gone out three and a half times in the last year, and it's a PITA.  But that doesn't stop me from journaling!


I'm about to go out to the blugrass brunch at Opal Divine's. Maybe I'll do some more journaling there. 

I'd say it's pretty likely...


3 comments:

Tita Mama said...

I'm looking at and reading your blog! and enjoying it very much. Just because we are silent doesn't mean we are not here. hugs.

Roz Stendahl said...

Wendy, I'm glad you said your back was getting better. I love these pages and all the color and the different lettering. I love too how you write "Later" when you pick up an entry. That could be the name of a book containing facsimilies of your journal pages. Roz

wendy hale davis said...

Thanks, Tita Mama!
What a great idea, Roz! I almost always use a script when I write 'Later,' too...